This is for October 2013 to September 2014 (Source www.ConstructionDataQuarterly.com) I am putting this out because it is a good idea to see how busy the OSHA department really is. I understand that we want them to concentrate on the wireless business but the reality is that they cover all workers in the USA. This is no easy task and here you can see the violations that piled up over the previous year.
- Fall Protection, Section 1926.501, Duty to have Fall Protection, 6,064 citations.
- Scaffold, Section 1926.451, General Requirements, 3,834 citations.
- Ladders, Section 1926.1053, Ladders, 2,361 citations.
- Fall Protection Training, Section 1926.503, Training Requirements, 1,461 citations.
- Personal Protective and Life Saving Equipment, Section 1926.102, Eye and Face Protection, 1,051 citations.
- Personal Protective and Life Saving Equipment, Section 1926.100, Head Protection, 893 citations.
- Toxic and Hazardous Substances, Section 1926.1200, Hazard Communication, 821 citations.
- General Safety and Health Provisions, Section 1926.20, General Safety and Health Provisions, 757 citations.
- Scaffolds, section 1926.453, Aerial Lifts, 721 citations.
- Excavations, Section 1926.6512, 614 citations.
We always want them to do more, but they need the resources to do it. Believe it or not OSHA is doing all that they can to make elevated workers safe, are you? What have you done? Did you complete the OSHA RFI? If not, why not!
Be smart, be safe, and pay attention. Help spread the word of safe climbing!