You may not know but I will be speaking at IWCE. IWCE asked me back to do 3 sessions. Find out how to register here. Are you a fan of what IWCE? I am because the people in the wireless industry can learn so much. I know that I put a lot of time, effort, and money into going to these events. I put together the presentation, prepare the talk, and hope I can answer all of the questions thrown at me. I really like doing it because I get to meet so many people.
These sessions are put together to not only teach you about wireless technologies and processes, but also to give you a diverse view of the technologies available. When working in wireless you learn there is more than CDMA and LTE, like what the carriers use. (That may include GSM, but I digress.) Public safety relies on real-time communication that trunking systems can provide. They rely on TETRA and P25 to communicate. I think it’s important to realize that Wi-Fi and broadband access is also a common technology that many of us take for granted. These are all examples of wireless technologies that are used daily. If you ask the first responders what they use, they just know that they have a reliable communications system, they may not know if its TETRA or P25, but they know that they rely on their radios for backup and constant communication Whether that radio is their radio on their belt or the cell phone that they use daily, either one is a necessity in today’s world. Eventually they will merge into one, which is what I see.
- I will be talking about LTE deployment in the Next-Generation Wireless Networks: 4G, LTE, and Broadband workshop, link found here, on March 21st at 2:30PM local time. This is a half day workshop in room N253 at IWCE. I will be talking about LTE deployment. Here is the full line up:
- Moderator: Mary Walsh, LBC Consultants and Services
- What broadband is: Dan O’Malley, Sr. Product Manager, Cisco Systems
- Why LTE? What it is, what is VoLTE, what is 5G: Patrik Ringqvist, Vice President, Broadband Network Strategy, Ericsson North America
- LTE Deployment Overview: Wade Sarver, Owner, consultant, blogger, wade4wireless.com
- World’s smallest LTE Network/micro broadband networks for mission-critical coverage: Mohan Tammisetti, CTO & Founder, and Gary Monetti, Associate, Virtualnetcom
- Leverage Wi-Fi to Maximize LTE Coverage and Capacity: Wim Brouwer, Nokia
- Convergent Management Systems as Enabler of Efficiency for Critical Operations in hybrid networks: Sami Honkaniemi, Managing Director of Mentura Group.
- Then on Tuesday, March 22 at 8:30AM, I will be in the Pick Me, Pick Me! Choosing the right Technology for your System workshop, link here, for another half-day session speaking about how great LTE is. Here is the lineup:
- Moderator: Steve Macke, President, Advent 3C
- P25: Doug Chapman, Etherstack, representing PTIG
- NXDN: Rodney Grim, Icom, representing NXDN Forum
- TETRA: John Monto, Rockwell Collins, representing TCCA
- DMR: Bill Fredrickson, Selex, representing DMRa
- LTE: Wade Sarver, Owner, consultant, blogger, wade4wireless.com
- IP: Dan O’Malley, Sr. Product Manager, Cisco Systems
- Wi-Fi and 5G: Scott Peabody, Senior Consultant, ADCOMM Engineering Company
- Then, on Wednesday, March 23, at 4:15PM I will be in room N254 moderating the Power, Shelters, and Site Management for Remote Wireless Infrastructure session, link here, which will have:
- Moderator: Wade Sarver, Owner, consultant, blogger, wade4wireless.com
- Bob Selby-Wood, Sentor (remote monitoring)
- Travis Schiffer, PEPRO (site hardening)
- Rick Schmidt, Dantherm (cooling)
- Nam Paik, TSi Power Corporation (Power management, touch on different options battery backup, fuel cell, diesel generator, solar, wind)
I would like to thank the teams at IWCE that make this possible. It is a huge undertaking. They really do a good job. Thank you for adding me to this impressive line up!
Click here for Newsletter sign-up!
Deploy with the Wireless Deployment Handbook eBook that covers professional carrier end to end deployment of LTE small cells, CRAN, and DAS to show you the proper way to plan for deployment then execute without the mistakes.
What are you thinking? Let me know and I’ll sign you up for my newsletters.
Subscribe–> iTunes or Stitcher or Overcast
Get Tower Tracker Pro for COPs Today
Shop Amazon Echo – Always Ready, Connected, and Fast. Just Ask
Remember that OSHA is working hard to keep your job safe!
OSHA explains, if you click here, complaint information and whistle-blower protection.
To report an emergency, fatality, or imminent life threatening situation please contact our toll-free number immediately: 1-800-321-OSHA (6742)
Reach the OSHA Complaint web site for non-emergencies by clicking here!
Log your job, your high time, your drive time, and track your crew’s work and protect yourself!
Scope of Work tutorial for the contractor to keep both sides doing the right thing for payment.
Give to the Hubble Foundation because if you don’t help these families, who will?
Let’s help the Tower Family Foundation help climber’s families!